SewSweetdipity

SewSweetdipity

Sunday 21 December 2014

December Sew Box Subscriptions plus Sew Box for Kids!!!

So I have been very busy madly sewing for Christmas that I haven't had a chance to blog about my exciting December Sew Box Subscriptions box this month (you can sign up here, it's the best thing everrrrrrrr!!!)

Here are what goodies were found in the December box!!





Everything is GORGEOUS, I am so in love!  The contents included:
  • 4 x different designs of cotton linen fabric including blackbirds, hibiscus flowers, Paris & floral each measuring 50cm x 70cm
  • The Essential Trio Pattern by Flosstyle Patterns
  • Santa Sack Pattern by Tied With A Ribbon plus Discount Voucher
  • Ipad/Tablet Cover Pattern by Little Moo Designs plus Discount Voucher - I purchased the Kids Messenger Bag pattern
  • Assorted pack of GORGEOUS Wooden Buttons in 3 designs
  • pack of "Handmade" Wooden Buttons - So lovely!
  • Swatch Buddies - Reusable Fabric Swatch Kit - So handy!
  • Discount Voucher to fabricdirect.com.au
  • Back Issue of BeSpoke Magazine
This was such an exciting box and what I love is that I learnt yet another new skill, making HANDBAGS!!  The Essential Trio Pattern by Flosstyle was fantastic (as usual).  The instructions are clear and made the bag so simple to make, I can't believe I can now make bags!!  Yayyy!!!!  They weren't scary at all either, in fact they were EASY!!  Here are the two I made, these were made for my youngest daughter's Kindy teachers and I put chocolates and Coffee Club Vouchers inside for their Christmas gifts, they loved their present :o)




It was so nice to be able to personalise them with the little "Handmade" wooden button that came in the box, I think that made the bag extra special :o)

So in the first month of Sew Box I learnt how to make hats, the second month, bunting and TONS of different Christmas gift ideas, this month, handbags.  I love how much I am learning!!

Have you signed up to Sew Box Subscriptions yet?  Oh I say you must!! :o)

Now on top of this month's excitement, Sew Box also released a Kids Learn To Sew Kit with two different options.  One for sewing without a machine and one for sewing with a machine.  I purchased both, the non machine kit for my 8 year old, and the sewing machine kit for my 12 year old.  When they turned up I had to peek inside and was THRILLED.  They are jam packed with goodies and were such great value, these are going to be fabulous Christmas gifts for the girls :o)









The Kids Craft Sewing Kit included the following items:
  • My First Sewing Book or My First Sewing Machine Book - 35 easy and fun projects
  • Rainbow cotton fabric - 5 colours, each 50cm x 55cm in size
  • Sewing Kit including storage case, tape measure, seam ripper, scissors, pin cushion, needle threader, thimble, safety pins, 8 colours of thread, and needles
  • Felt x 4 coloured sheets
  • Ribbon - 3 colours, each 9mm x 3m
  • Craft Glue - 60ml
  • Kids fun retractable tape measure
  • Pack of assorted buttons
  • Stationary - Graph paper, pencil and ruler
  • Pack of assorted goggle eyes
  • Certificate of Achievement
I cannot WAIT for my girls to receive these on Christmas day!!! :o)

The best thing about sew box is not only the inspiration, the outside of the box ideas, the new things I am learning every month, and the whole excitement of receiving a present to myself each month, of which I never know what will be inside, but it's the value!!  Every month there is 2-3 sewing patterns, good quality fabrics, notions, sewing tools, latest gadgets, discount vouchers, trims and more!  They are $44 a month which includes delivery but there is always around $85 worth of value!  I love it so much :o)

I also got the chance to use my little "Swatch Buddies" that came in this month's box when I went to the fabric store to find coordinating fabric for the Paris bag I made.  What a nifty little tool :o)


And you must head on over to Sewing The Seasons to have a look at this gorgeous Wooden Button Wall Hanging she created, isn't it just beautiful?  I love how the lovely lady behind this blog always comes up with something unique and different to the patterns that are in the box, it shows how you can let your imagine take you wherever it wants to go with he contents of the box.  I would love to make a wall hanging like this as a Mother's Day gift for my Mum!!  Click here to see the tutorial :o)



Are you all ready for Christmas?  I'd love to hear if you had any inspiration from my blog for the handmade things you made your loved ones as Christmas gifts :o)

Happy sewing!!

Love Chryssie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment