SewSweetdipity

SewSweetdipity

Sunday 25 January 2015

Summer Days... I Learnt to Sew With Knit Fabric!! :o)

Hi!!

Welcome to January, a fresh new year!  Have you chosen your New Years Resolutions? :o)

This month's Sew Box Subscription Box - Summer Days theme - has been LOTS of fun!  I have learnt ANOTHER new skill... sewing with KNIT fabric!!  I was quite scared but the fabulous pattern made it easy and not only that but Leesa from Sew Box ran a sew-along on the Made By Me page so it was great to ask questions and have the extra guidance and tips to make the dress.

First of all I will show you what was in the box! (The most exciting part!!)






Here are the fabulous items included in this month's box!
  • Coastal Breeze Dress Pattern by Make It Perfect
  • Make It Yourself Beach Bag Pattern by 4girlsdesigns
  • 1m x Anchors Away navy cotton fabric
  • 1/2m x Beachhouse Richloom Solar fabric
  • Packet of Birch Wonderclips
  • 3m x Navy Bias Binding
  • Mixed coconut shell buttons
  • 1m x Navy satin ribbon
  • Fabric offer and discount from Zebra Fabrics - perfect for the Coastal Breeze Dress
Everything (as usual) was gorgeous and I have had LOTS of fun!  Here is the Coastal Breeze Dress I made for myself, I am so happy with how it turned out and proud that I have now sewn with knit fabric, yay!!  It was actually really easy and no problem at all sewing with this fabric, I don't know what I was so worried about.  I am so excited that I finally made something for me, now I feel like making something else for me too!  It's nice to sew something other then kids clothes :o)


The navy anchor fabric is just so pretty and I decided to turn it into a sweet little anchor set for my littlest daughter.  I made her this sweet little skirt and I embellished a store bought white top with an anchor, I love how it turned out :o)


After I made this set, I decided to make another 2 sets for my friend who has a sweet little 2 year old, here they are...


Here is the adorably sweet little princess wearing the cute outfits I made! LOVE!!!!


What have you been busy creating? :o)

Happy sewing!!

Love Chryssie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment